Join GE as we Innovate, Imagine and Invent In Africa for Africa:
From Thomas Edison’s revolutionary invention of the Filament Incandescent Light in 1879, through a century of invention, to today, as GE consolidates into the world’s leading Digital Industrial Organisation, GE has been at the cutting edge of Global Innovation over Centuries.
And now GE has brought the opportunity to innovate, imagine, and invent to Sub-Saharan Africa.
The GE Africa Innovation Centre is:
Dedicated to innovation; learning; exploration; and invention both internally, and with key external stakeholders – focusing on global and local solutions to African challenges, and opportunities.
Located in Melrose Estate, Johannesburg, the GE AIC is one of ten Innovation Centres developed by GE dedicated to co-developing innovative solutions to local challenges.
The GE Africa Innovation Centre includes:
- The GE Africa Experience: a digital and interactive exhibition space and showcase of GE, The Digital Industrial Company
- The GE Learning & Development Centre: Flexible training rooms, collaboration and breakout spaces.
- The GE Healthcare Experience: Hands-on training for Healthcare professionals.
- Agile Workspaces: for the GE Healthcare and other resident teams.
- Innovation, Collaboration and Ideation Zones and Rooms
- The GE Café, stocked daily with fresh locally-sourced brainfood.