Build software to kickstart a new era in high performing manufacturing with GE Brilliant Manufacturing
The best manufacturers in the world rely on a skilled workforce, quality materials, optimal processes, and reliable machines. When any of these start to fail, they create delays, costs overruns, waste, and anxiety on the shop floor.
That’s why GE is investing in the Brilliant Manufacturing Suite, powered by the Predix platform, to create software applications that can tell manufacturers how their plants are doing. GE’s solutions focus on empowering decision-makers through real-time visibility and deep operational intelligence. These solutions support insightful decisions with real-time quality and execution information and help balance plant production to improve product quality and profitability.
Now, GE Brilliant Hacks is challenging developers like you to build smart, connected Industrial Internet of Things apps that harness the power of the GE Brilliant Manufacturing data APIs and microservices. Build apps, product extensions, or data visualizations that provide deeper insight into the manufacturing process, enabling plant managers to predict, adapt, and react for maximum efficiency.
GE Brilliant Hacks will run in two rounds:
Ideas Round (Feb. 21 – Mar. 21) Participants will submit their best app, extension, or data visualization ideas to solve manufacturing problems using the GE Brilliant Manufacturing Suite of APIs. The top 30 ideas will be selected to move on to the Build Round.
Build Round (Mar. 27 – May 8) The top 30 ideas from round one will receive access to a hackathon-only Predix environment to build their idea into a functioning solution.
View full rules
- The competition will welcome submitters from around the globe.
- However individuals or organizations may be disqualified if they are based in a nation, state, province, or territory where U.S. or local law prohibits participating in the competition or receiving a prize. This includes individuals, who are residents of, and organizations domiciled in Brazil, China, Russia, Quebec, Cuba, Sudan, Iran, North Korea, Syria and any other country designated by the United States Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control.
- Individuals, and teams of individuals, who have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry
- Organizations that, at the time of entry, have been duly organized or incorporated and validly exist.
App developers that are part of GE’s partner ecosystem are able to enter. This includes system integrators, service providers, application providers and OEMs, contractors, vendors and customers. Check out the Official Rules for more details.
- Ideas Round: Submit your Idea by March 21, 2017, at 5:00PM ET.
- Build Round: The 30 highest-scoring submitters from the Ideas Round will receive access to hackathon-only GE Brilliant Predix accounts to build their solutions. Build Round participants should build a working software application that calls at least one of the APIs from at least one of the Brilliant Manufacturing Suite Products:
Enterprise Plant Insights (EPI/PPO)
ROUND 1 SUBMISSION IDEA REQUIREMENTS
Your Idea Submission entered in the Ideas Round must include a written description of your idea for an application to provide deeper insight into the manufacturing process; how you would use GE Brilliant Manufacturing APIs to build out your application; how your app might help the employees or operations of a production plant; and the number of teammates, if any.
SUBMIT YOUR IDEA HERE!
ROUND 2 SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Your Submission for the Build Round must include a working software application running on GE’s Predix Platform that uses at least one (1) API from at least one of the Brilliant Manufacturing Products. The Brilliant Manufacturing Products include: Efficiency Analyzer (EA), Work in Progress Manager (WIP), and Enterprise Plant Insights (EPI or PPO).
New & Existing Solutions: Solutions may be newly created or pre-existing. If your solution existed before the challenge, you must have integrated at least one API from the Brilliant Manufacturing Products after the start of the challenge.